Spiral Tube Weld Overlay
BTA provides spiral tube weld overlay for boilers that were experiencing erosion and corrosion problems with various pressure parts. BTA can assist you in implementing a full range of potential solutions.
- Redesign of the pressure part component to reduce gas velocity or increase corrosion resistance.
- Apply corrosion and erosion resistant spray coatings.
- Supply of tube shields.
- Supply of composite tubing.
- Apply weld overlay of an appropriate filler material with our
Depending upon the application and service environment, a suitable erosion-corrosion alloy can be selected and applied to the specific tube section. Spiral overlaid tubing can be post weld bent, hot or cold, to suit almost any layout required by your specific boiler application.
BTA can and has developed process techniques for fabricating panels from 360 degree spiral overlaid tubing. These panels have the full alloy protection on both sides of the panel – offering not only hot but cold side corrosion protection as an added benefit. Furthermore, they do not suffer from residual stress caused by the shrinkage and distortion issues associated with single sided overlay.
Spiral Overlay Benefits
- Fully integrated robotic overlay application system.
- System utilizes full function (six axis) OTC DR-500R robots with corresponding power supplies and microprocessor controller hardware.
- Robotic welding assures consistent weld metal deposition. The weld overlay will be uniform in thickness and exhibit optimum depth of penetration.
- Full alloy protection on both sides of the panel with no more cost than single side overlay.
- Typical overlay materials including nickel and stainless alloys such as alloy 52, 82, C-276, 617, 622, 625, 686cpt, c2000, 825, 309, 310, 312, 385, etc